Mt. Olive Creek Solar Project
The Mt. Olive Creek Solar project is located in Russel County, Kentucky. The 60 MW project will sit on 475 acres of land and, in addition to providing clean, renewable energy, the project will have a positive economic impact in the local area, namely through local construction jobs and purchases of local goods and services.
ENGIE is committed to being the best local business and neighbor that we can be in the county. Construction will begin Q1 2023 and will become operational by Q2 2024.
- Location: Russell County, Kentucky
- Status: Permitting
- Expected COD: 6/30/2024
- Project MW: 60 MWac
- Real Estate: Long-term lease and purchase agreements in place with local landowners
- Interconnection: East Kentucky Power Cooperative
- NEPA review completed
- Aquatic resources delineation report completed
- Mussel Survey completed
- Phase 1 Environmental Site Assessment completed
- Environmental lien and AUL search completed
- Federal Aviation Administration screening completed
- Noise and traffic study completed
- Preliminary geotechnical survey completed
State Permit obtained and Certificate to Construct granted by the Kentucky State Board of Electric Generation and Transmission Siting on November 3rd, 2021.