ENGIE North America Inc. and its affiliates and subsidiaries (“ENGIE North America”, the “Company,” “ENA”, “we” or “us”) care about your privacy.
This Policy describes the categories of personal information we may collect about you, how we may use it, with whom we may disclose it and how do we protect your personal information. It also outlines the rights and choices you have with respect to your personal information and how you can contact us if you wish to exercise your rights or for any questions about privacy.
- What is a Personal Information?
“Personal Information” is broadly defined by US and Canadian privacy laws as any information that could identify either directly (e.g., name) or indirectly (e.g., addresses, phone number…) an individual.
ENA collects some categories of Personal Information about you.
- What categories of Personal Information do we collect about you?
Depending on the context, we may collect the following categories of personal information about you:
- Your identity and contact information (e.g., your name, email and postal address, and phone number);
- Your account and log-in credentials information (e.g., your username and password);
- Information relevant for the use of our services and financial transactions;
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Websites. This includes information provided at the time of subscribing to any newsletters, webinars, events or email notifications or when requesting further information or services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Websites;
- Records and copies of your correspondence, if you contact us;
- Your job candidate information if you choose to apply for a position with us (e.g., contact information and professional experience details);
- Your search queries on the Websites; and
- Other information you voluntarily submitted to us.
We hope to ensure that the personal information we collect and process are accurate at all time and encourage you to update your information in case any changes have occurred to perform the efficiency of our Services and interactions with us. You can request the update and correction of your personal information via the section “Your Privacy Rights”.
Information we may collect through Automatic Technologies
When you navigate through and interact with our websites and digital platforms, we may collect certain information by automated technologies such as cookies, web server logs, web beacons, and other technologies. A “cookie” is a text file that websites send to a visitor’s computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser. A “web beacon,” also known as an Internet tag, pixel tag or clear GIF, links web pages to web servers and their cookies and may be used to transmit information collected through cookies back to a web server.
We may use these automated technologies to collect information about your equipment, browsing actions, and usage patterns. The information we collect in this manner may include your device IP address, identifiers associated with your devices, types of devices connected to our services, web browser characteristics, device characteristics, language preferences, referring/exit pages requested, clickstream data, and dates and times of website visits. The information we collect through Automatic Technologies may be statistical data that we may associate with personal information we collect in other ways or information received from third parties.
It allows us to improve our Websites, and to deliver a better and more personalized service, by helping us to (1) understand how you use and interact with our Websites; (2) store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Websites according to your individual interests; (3) speed up your searches; (4) recognize you when you return to our Websites; and (5) otherwise manage and enhance our Websites.
How to manage the cookies ?
Your browser may tell you how to be notified when you receive certain types of cookies or how to restrict or disable certain types of cookies. You may also be able to change your browser setting preferences by following the instructions of the Cookie Notice “How to opt out?”. Please note, however, that without certain cookies you may not be able to use and enjoy all of the features of our online services. For mobile devices, you can manage how your device and browser share certain device information by adjusting the privacy and security settings on your mobile device. The Services are not designed to respond to “do not track” signals received from browsers.
Third-Party Analytics Services
We may also use third-party web analytics services on our websites and digital platforms, such as Google Analytics and Pardot. The service providers that administer these services use automated technologies to help us analyze your use of the Websites. The information collected through these means (including IP address) may be disclosed to these analytics providers, and other relevant third parties who use the information to evaluate use of the Websites. To learn more about Google Analytics and how to opt out, please visit https://www.google.com/intl/en/analytics/learn/privacy.html.
If you want to know more about the cookies, please consult our Cookie Notice.
- Why do we collect and use your Personal Information?
We use the personal information that we collect about you for the following purposes:
- To provide the services;
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us;
- To manage our business relationship, fulfill financial transactions;
- To personalize and improve your experience with the Websites;
- To notify you about changes to our Websites or any other products or services we offer or provide through it;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Websites;
- To manage your account with us;
- To send you communications, newsletters and email notifications as permitted by applicable laws*;
- To collect your opinion, manage webinars and events that you have registered;
- To process your job application if you choose apply for a position with us;
- To monitor website usage to help us improve our services;
- To operate, evaluate and improve our business and services (including developing new products and services; enhancing and improving our services; analyzing our services; managing our communications; performing data analytics; and performing accounting, auditing and other internal functions);
- To protect against, identify and prevent fraud and other unlawful activity, claims and other liabilities;
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide the information.
In addition, we also may use the information we collect about you in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
*You can request at any time the limitation of the communication you receive from us using the contact information below (see “How to contact us”).
- With whom may we disclose your Personal Information?
We may disclose personal information with the following recipients:
- Our affiliates and subsidiaries;
- Our contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business. They are authorized by us to use or disclose the personal information only as necessary to perform services on our behalf and comply with legal requirements;
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provided it; and
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
In addition, we may disclose personal information about you (1) if we are required to do so by law or legal process (such as a court order or subpoena); (2) in response to requests by government agencies, such as law enforcement authorities; (3) to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights; (4) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical or other harm or financial loss; (5) in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity; (6) if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our customers or others (e.g., for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction); or (7) otherwise with your consent.
We also reserve the right to disclose or transfer any personal information we have about you in connection with a prospective or actual sale, merger, transfer or other reorganization of all or parts of the Company’s business (including in the event of a divestiture, restructuring, dissolution or liquidation).
- For how long do we keep your Personal Information?
- How do we protect your Personal Information?
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect personal information against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use.
- Other online Services and Third-Party features
Our Services may provide links to, plug-ins of, or otherwise make accessible third-party materials such as websites, apps, services, content or advertising. These online services and third-party features may operate independently from us. The privacy practices of the relevant third parties, including details on the information they may collect about you, is subject to the privacy statements of these parties, which we strongly suggest you review. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other parties.
- Children’s Personal Information
- Your Privacy Rights
What Rights you may exercise?
Based on your residency, you may have the right to request the access to, correct or delete any personal information we collect, use, disclose about you. If you are a California resident, please refer to the California Privacy Statement, “Your Privacy Rights” section to know more about your rights.
How to submit a Request?
If you wish to exercise your rights, please submit your request at firstname.lastname@example.org or if you are a California resident through the methods mentioned in the California Privacy Statement. In either case, for identification purposes and in order to process your request, please provide the following information:
- The right you would like to exercise (e.g. the right to access, correct or delete).
- Your contact information such as your name, email address or phone number.
- Your relationship or prior contact with ENGIE North America.
- Your residence’s information such as the indication of the province or state you reside (optional).
Please note that we will process your request depending on your residency and applicable privacy laws.
In addition, in order to process your request, we must be able to verify your identity. This verification process will allow us to ensure that you are the person who requests the information*.
*Please note that all these measures are in place to help protect your personal information. The information collected through this process will be used for verification purposes only.
- How to Contact Us?
Last updated: January 2023