Wholesale Energy Marketing
The energy marketing division represents the ENGIE Group Global Energy Management & Sales in North America, and leverages ENGIE’s global expertise in supply and optimization of energy to maximize value for our customers. Based in Houston, the North America energy marketing group serves all major power and gas markets throughout the United States. Contact us at EEMNA@engie.com or 713-636-1700.
We are active in ERCOT, NYISO, ISO-NE, PJM, MISO, SPP, and IESO, providing energy market access and delivering generation energy management and energy marketing services across these regions.
Renewable energy solutions
As a global leader in low-carbon energy and services, we offer a wide range of energy transition solutions to make the transition to carbon-neutral possible: power optimization agreements for green energy producers, power purchase agreements (PPAs) and battery storage services, risk management services, and support for managing the physical production of energy. Our power supply services help industrial customers and load-serving entities source renewable energy directly from projects with high visibility of market prices.
The possibilities are exciting, even in the midst of economically challenging circumstances. Our energy marketing services help customers achieve their sustainable energy ambitions, whatever the scope or scale.
A unique 24/7 renewable power supply for a Microsoft data center
In September 2019, ENGIE and Microsoft announced a market-first 15-year renewable energy supply transaction in Texas. Along with the construction of new wind and solar power generation projects in Texas, and the sale of the associated power and renewable energy certificates (RECs) to Microsoft, the agreement was pioneering because it added an energy hedge (called a “volume firming agreement”) that converts the intermittent renewable energy supply into a fixed, 24/7 baseload power profile for Microsoft’s San Antonio data center. See the full story here.
- Pricing of PPAs, green power supply, short- and long-term hedges, and structured REC deals
- Provision of market access and dispatch/bidding/settlement services
- Provision of environmental credit hedges for the renewables space
- Battery and storage hedge solutions
- Compliance support
- Active market participation with both existing and developing wind, solar, and energy storage assets
- The ENGIE Group has a global focus on expanding our renewable generation portfolio, with 4 GW of additional renewable power generation coming online in 2022 to 2024
- Broad and experienced group of talented origination, energy marketing and trading, and asset management staff
- Long-term relationships with all major markets, major independent operators, power generation facilities, and retail electric providers (REPs)
Retail supply and market access
We provide a range of solutions to enable retail providers, power generators, gas producers, and others in the energy space to hedge and transact in the wholesale power, gas, and REC and independent systems operator (ISO) markets, including:
- A full-service desk for retailers looking for a long-term supplier partnership
- Services for both the upstream and downstream market segments, offering clients timely and accurate pricing
- A strong renewables presence, which naturally leads to environmental product offerings and solutions for our clients
- A credit and payment financing facility that enables clients to better manage their cash needs throughout the year
- Direct and affordable access to ISO offerings
- Excellent service that helps clients thrive in a volatile and competitive market landscape
We provide energy management services for power generation and storage facilities, covering wind, solar, hydro/pump storage, battery, biomass, demand response, and thermal technologies.
- Fully NERC CIP Medium Impact compliant control system and dispatch center
- Fully maintained and active ICCP connection with ERCOT, PJM, ISO-NE, and SPP
- Real-time desk that is fully staffed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and is PJM- and NERC-certified
Additional ENGIE Energy Management North America (EEMNA) assets are scheduled to come online in the next 18 months, increasing capacity.
- Day ahead energy/ancillary bidding
- Real-time energy/ancillary bidding
- Real-time dispatch and ISO interface
- Gas requirement coordination
- Financial transmission rights (FTR) bidding
- Capacity management
- Settlement reconciliation
- Profit and loss (P&L) reporting
- Outage submittal
- Common area measures (CAM) administration
- ISO data submittals (e.g. registration, testing, cost, etc.)
- Compliance support
- Electronic quarterly report (EQR) submittals
- Telemetry/alarm monitoring and response
- Monitoring and response to ISO/market rule changes
ENGIE North America is active on all major gas pipelines from Texas to the Northeast. We have storage and transport positions, allowing for enhanced management, optimization, and hedging of gas positions. We can act as an off-taker for natural gas production, or as a supplier for large gas consumers and power plants. Either way, we provide structured solutions to meet our customers’ needs.
We are innovative thought leaders and active market makers for responsibly sourced gas (RSG) and other low-methane-emission-certified gas.
PRODUCTS AND SERVICES
- AMA and physical market access
- P&L sharing structures
- Pipeline strategy and storage solutions
- Virtual power plants (VPPs) and commodity finance
- TEO platform (managing attributes of the environment)
- RSG energy marketing (physical and digital)
- Market access
- Creative solutions in RSG marketing, pricing, tracking, and structuring
- Support for market participants’ physical and digital ESG ambitions
- Thought leadership as first movers in low-methane-emissions-certified gas
- Experience building strong relationships with various stakeholders across the value chain
Global Energy management and sales
The combination of the global reach and strong local presence of ENGIE’s Global Energy Management & Sales team enables us to offer services tailored to the specific needs of our diversified clients. We have:
- A global footprint across Europe, Asia-Pacific, and the U.S.
- Activities in more than 50 countries, with eight trading floors in Paris, Brussels, London, Spain, Rome, Houston, Singapore, and Romania
Because we are operating worldwide while remaining attuned to local needs, we are able to respond rapidly to changes in both mature and developing markets.
Our experts provide tailor-made solutions based on a wide range of savoir-faire in energy management, with a strong focus on decarbonation and decentralization.
For more information, see gems.engie.com
Learn more about what ENGIE offers