Priddy Wind Project
The Prairie Hill wind project is situated in a rural area of central Texas, where large-scale energy projects bring needed economic development in the form of employment opportunities, landowner royalty payments and tax benefits to the local communities and school districts. The wind farm consists of 100- 3.0 MW wind turbines and associated access roads, an underground electrical collection system and a 9-mile overhead 345kV transmission line.
- Location: Limestone & McLennan Counties, Texas
- Status: Operational
- COD: December 2020
- Project MW: 300 MW
- Customer: Walmart
- Over 35,000 acres of land under long-term lease.
- Primarily agricultural land use with low-density residences; compatible with the operation of a wind energy project.
- Generator Interconnection Agreement executed in Sept 2018
- Point of Interconnection is the Oncor Lake Hall Switching Station.
Environment and Permitting
- Full wildlife site characterization studies completed per U.S. Fish & Wildlife Land-Based Wind Energy Guidelines
- No significant biological constraints identified
- No incidental take or eagle take permits required
- A Ministerial permits for construction and operation of the windfarm are currently being obtained.
- No discretionary permits were required.
See how we're shaping the future of clean, affordable, resilient energy