What constituents expect: modern energy infrastructures, efficient operations, and the achievement of environmental goals
Serving a broad range of public sector organizations, ENGIE incorporates advanced, proven technology into turnkey, performance-guaranteed solutions and services. Customers across the public domain testify to the collaborative nature of their projects with ENGIE, which have resulted in improvements in efficiency, resiliency, sustainability, and community leadership.
Sectors We Serve
- K-12 and Community College Education
- Higher Education
- State and Local Government
- Federal Government
- Hospitals and Medical Research Centers
Respected communities and institutions in all these sectors have partnered with ENGIE:
Leverage ENGIE’s proven capabilities and expertise to successfully achieve your goals
- Energy efficiency/cost reduction
- Facility and regional infrastructure modernization to improve health, safety, and productivity
- Energy resiliency for disaster recovery
- Transportation electrification (eMobility)
- Climate impact and action
ENGIE partners with you every step of the way
- Program development and planning
- Technology-agnostic design and engineering
- Project financing and structure
- Operations and maintenance
- Monitoring, measurement, verification, and continuous commissioning
- Community engagement and academic collaborations (STEAM/STEM)
ENGIE is an accredited member of the National Association of Energy Service Companies (NAESCO).
With ENGIE’s comprehensive, turnkey approach,
you have a single source of responsibility
at every stage of the project
Sustainable energy and more
Hayward Unified School District, a school district in the San Francisco Bay Area, embarked on an energy modernization program with ENGIE, which included solar power generation, energy storage, energy efficiency, and EV charging for staff and students. Here are some of the expected benefits:
- $65 million in General Fund savings over the life of the program
- Ability to generate 90% of the district’s needs, through the production of 8,100,000 kWh in the first year
- Reduced peak demand charges, optimized facility energy usage, and maximized utility savings
- Overall environmental benefits equivalent to removing 1,153 cars from the road annually
The project also provided an opportunity to enhance students’ understanding of climate issues—and expose them to STEAM careers—through direct engagement with the science behind the sustainability project.
Minimize risk with robust assurances
backed by the global leader in energy services
ENGIE begins each project with a thorough opportunity assessment, often including an investment-grade audit, to understand your facility’s needs.
Public-sector customers have a variety of options for contracting with ENGIE. Among these are energy service contracts and power purchase agreements (PPAs), which include all phases of development and installation, plus operations and maintenance. Best-in-class warranties and performance guarantees reduce risk and provide peace of mind. ENGIE’s performance-based assurances also cover measurement and verification services with a commitment to deliver clear evidence of project results.
Confirm your institution’s energy leadership by tapping into ENGIE’s broad range of technologies
Solar PV and other renewable generation systems
Battery-based storage systems
EV charging infrastructure
Heating and cooling systems
Water distribution systems
Energy-efficient and smart lighting
Building/systems automation and controls
The Ohio State University pioneers a new model for energy innovation
With an ambitious goal to become an international pioneer in sustainability, The Ohio State University has pioneered a new model for energy innovation through a 50-year integrated solutions agreement with Ohio State Energy Partners (OSEP). A public-private partnership between ENGIE North America and Axium Infrastructure, OSEP addresses the University’s sustainability and energy operations goals. It also funds and guides academic initiatives, such as an energy innovation center and support for scholarships and internships in the realm of energy innovation. Just a few years into the 50-year partnership, Ohio State has already achieved the following:
- Improvements in sustainability, beginning with smart metering, lighting upgrades, and various facilities’ utility system upgrades.
- A high expectation of achieving its goal of 25% energy efficiency improvement within the first 10 years of the partnership.
- Various academic collaboration programs are already underway to benefit students and faculty, including internships, grants, student sustainability project competitions, and more.
Harvard Medical School and affiliated hospitals are powered by ENGIE
We deliver a secure, reliable 24/7 supply of electricity, cooling and heating to LMEC member institutions.
Learn about our energy technology expertise