Bluestone solar project in Virginia
The 50-MW Bluestone solar site is in a rural area where large-scale energy projects bring additional economic development, including short- and long-term employment as well as tax benefits to the local community. Located near the town of Chase City in Southern Virginia, the project site consists of fallow agricultural and cleared timber land. Construction commenced in March 2019 and the project came online in June 2021.
Three additional projects are slated to be commissioned in Virginia during the next two years, bringing to the state about 220 MW total production of additional renewable energy.
- Location: Mecklenburg County, Virginia
- Status: Operational
- Project MW: 50 MW
- Transmission: PJM Interconnection LLC
- Project Area: 330 acres
- Customer: Digital Realty
- Over 330 acres of land under long-term lease, including all planned solar panels, collection lines, and access roads
- Direct access to public road
- Project abuts transmission line
- Interconnection Service Agreement and Interconnection Construction Service Agreement executed in May 2018
- Project interconnects at a 115kV terminal in the Chase City Substation through a newly built 0.7 miles attachment line