Las Lomas wind project in Texas
- Location: Starr and Zapata Counties, Texas
- Status: Operational
- COD: December 2020
- Project MW: 201.6 MW
- Customer: Microsoft
- Over 36,000 acres of land under long-term lease.
- All land required to construct and operate the wind farm is under lease.
- Primarily agricultural land use with low-density residences; compatible with the operation of a wind energy project.
- Generator Interconnection Agreement executed in December 2018.
- The Point of Interconnection will be the newly constructed AEP Revilla 138kV substation
Environment and Permitting
- Full wildlife site characterization studies completed per U.S. Fish & Wildlife Land-Based Wind Energy Guidelines
- No significant biological constraints identified
- No incidental take or eagle take permits required
- Ministerial permits for construction of project are currently being obtained
See how we're shaping the future of clean, affordable, resilient energy