Triple H wind project in South Dakota
Triple H is sited in a rural area where large-scale energy projects bring much needed economic support. It will generate approximately $36 Million in State and local tax revenue over its lifetime. Triple H commercializes one of the best wind resources in South Dakota. The project area is predominately used for farming.
- Location: Hyde County, South Dakota
- Status: Operational
- COD: November 2020
- Project MW: 250 MW
- Customer: Boston University and Walmart
- 100% participation from landowners required to build the project
- Over 35,000 acres signed
- Primarily agricultural land use with low-density residences; compatible with the operation of a wind energy project.
- Entered interconnection process in March 2016
- POI: Tap of Basin Leland Olds – Fort Thompson 345 kV
- GIA expected to be executed in Q1 2019
Environment and Permitting
- Full wildlife site characterization studies completed per S. Fish & Wildlife Land-Based Wind Energy Guidelines
- FAA Determinations of No Hazard received for current layout
- No significant biological constraints identified
- Discretionary permits were issued for the Project from Hyde County and PublicUtilities Commission.
- PUC project docket can be found in this link: https://puc.sd.gov/Dockets/Electric/2019/EL19-007.aspx
See how we're shaping the future of clean, affordable, resilient energy